Updated February 16, 2012
I’m Pedro Hernandez (that’s me on the right) and this is my website.
Lately, I’ve been writing for the IT Business Edge network — apart from this site of course. Here are some samples:
- Report: Global SMB Cloud Services Market to Hit $68B by 2014
- Apple iPad 3 Coming in March?
- DOJ Clears Google-Motorola, Weighs in on Nortel’s Patents
- Network Virtualization Startup Nicira Emerges from Stealth
- The Apple iPad’s Green Grade: B
- Facebook Grabs for Greener Data Centers
- Will IT Managers Warm to Liquid-Cooled Servers?
- Iceotope Storms Out of Stealth With Super Efficient Cooling for Servers
- Batteries and the Dawn of the UPS-less Data Center
For more than 10 years, I covered technology online, from the early, dial-up days of Internet downloads to video games, and most recently, enterprise-class computer networking, security and storage.
During my adventures in enterprise IT, the green bug bit me and a blog was born. This stirred a passion in exploring ways that information technology can reduce its environmental impact; put our limited resources to their best possible use; and play an active role in averting a climate crisis.
Let’s be honest with ourselves; as much as we love our geeky pursuits, they haven’t been particularly kind to the environment. Luckily, Green IT is moving well beyond the buzzword phase and into the realm of smart, sustainable business.
Now in my new online home, I spotlight the technologies, organizations and people that are driving energy efficiency in our datacenters; providing cool, green gadgets that enrich our lives; and using social media to spark dialog and engage the masses.
Speaking of social media, I invite you to take a look at these popular posts:
- ecoSocial: What Chrysler’s F-bomb on Twitter can teach us about managing social media
- Social Sustainability: Because saving the planet is a group effort
- Can green Kickstarter projects succeed?
- Update: 10,000 Trees is a crowdfunding success
- Smart grid and consumers: Exploring a tough sell
Here’s how to connect:
LinkedIn: Pedro Hernandez’s LinkedIn Profile
Facebook: ecoINSITE’s Facebook Page
Want to hire me? Well, now you know how to reach me on any of the platforms above.
Thanks for stopping by!