It’s a smart grid kinda Wednesday. Smart Grid News alerts us to the release of the Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative’s State of the Consumer Report. (Come back for some highlights later.) Oracle posted a YouTube videos with Guerry Waters, the company’s utilities guru. And Mashable takes a look at how social media and the smart grid could make cozy, ever-so-connected bedfellows.
And on the IT side of green, a cloudy forecast following Ballmer’s employee rattling rampage at Microsoft; Alcatel-Lucent works on more energy efficient mobile networks; and a look at how Autodesk is helping companies get to the root of sustainable product and facilities design.
- Download of the week: State of the Consumer Report – Smart Grid News
…alternately, you can download it here (registration required).
- Rural, Coop Utilities Make Voices Heard on Smart Grid Deployment – Greentech Media
- Will cloudies take over at Microsoft? – ZDNet
- How Social Media Will Make the Smart Energy Grid More Efficient – Mashable
- How Autodesk Tackles the Next Frontier of IT-for-Green – GreenBiz [via @COSEenergy]
- Alcatel-Lucent announces lightRadio – a potential breakthrough in mobile network infrastructure – The Green IT Review [via @datacentergreen]
- ARM servers form distant threat to Intel status quo – Search Data Center
- UK Web Host The Bunker Upgrades Power at Ash Data Center – Web Host Industry Review
- IBM: Internet of things to improve infrastructure – CNET
Guerry Waters, Oracle Utilities: Smart Grid Consumer Engagement – YouTube | Oracle Utilities