Today: IBM tackles smart meter security; Power Assure continues to eke out data center energy savings; and Pike Research expects the PC and server power management software market to hit $783 million annually by 2015.
Plus, it looks like St. Louis is undergoing a data center boom of sorts. It helps that the area counts Emerson Power, among other firms, that are making energy efficient design a staple of their IT operations. And don’t miss an interesting Waste Management stat from SmartPlanet’s Heather Clancy.
- IBM to Assist in Securing Mobile and Instrumented Devices – SmartMeters
- Power Assure automates the reduction of data center power consumption – Enterprise Irregulars
- Pike Research has published a report on the PC and server power management software market – Green IT Report
- St. Louis Sees Data Center Renaissance – Data Center Knowledge
Check out Emerson Power’s solar array!
- Waste Management: There’s gold in that municipal waste – SmartPlanet
From the article: “Here’s a statistic that might startle you: right now, Waste Management produces more renewable energy from the waste it collects than the entire solar energy industry.” Wow.
- What’s Hot in Venture Capital in 2011 – In Charge | WSJ Blogs
According to Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers’ David Wells, “Highly innovative green tech.”
- Panasonic Shows Advanced Fuel Cell For Home Use – CrunchGear
- SmartPlanet – SmartPlanet
- Bloom Energy vs. Cogeneration Reality – Greentech Media
- High-output, high-color-rendering LED lighting devices to be introduced by Sharp – PhysOrg.com
Stop hoarding incandescents! Brighter, lower-power LEDs are on the horizon.