Though I try to mix things up, I can’t help but feature three links from Processor today. The magazine has increasingly turned its attention to green computing and this month they’ve delivered a perfect little storm that touches on data center facilities best practices, IT infrastructures and tips for SMBs mulling their cloud computing options.
Also today, some insights from Deloitte’s CSR; the modular cooling market heats up; and a look at the effect of the U.S. Government’s IT revamp on cloud providers like Horizon (hint: increased hiring).
- Energy-Efficient Best Practices: Strategies To Streamline Power Consumption – Processor
- Small Improvements Yield Big Benefits: Concentrating On IT Infrastructure Makes A Difference – Processor
- Cloud Computing For The SMB: Top Tips For Decision-Making & Deployment – Processor
- Scrutinizing Deloitte’s latest corporate sustainability update – SmartPlanet via [@HeathClancy]
- Horizon Adds Staff, Begins Preparations for US Government Cloud Contract – Web Host Industry Review
- What Happens When a High-End Product Becomes a Commodity – BNET
A fascinating look at how OCZ navigates the tricky road of commercializing its SSD tech.
- The simmering cooling market – DatacenterDynamics
- The disruptive architecture of the cloud – Financial Times
- LED Stock Winners: Cree – The Street
- Pick Your Poison – Mercury In CFLs Or Lead In LEDs – Science 2.0
Don’t forget, if you come across — or author — an insightful Green IT story or feature online, let me know @ecoINSITE.